Monday, January 27, 2014

Beautynthebaby | Week 29 & 30 - Failed Glucose Test....

These last couple of weeks have been super busy and I have started becoming super tired!
I am now on a bi-weekly appointment schedule and at my last appointment I had to take the initial glucose test- which I failed by 1 STINKING POINT! I was like really?!? You couldn't have suggested that I skip out on my orange juice that morning. Anyways, I had to go back the following week (in between my appointments) and take a 3 HOUR glucose test! Which was HORRIBLE! Pretty much a 3 hour torture session. I had to drink that flat orange soda flavored sugar drink-which was way worse than the first one- and I had to get 4 blood draws. I seriously was on the verge of vomitting an hour into the test, I did everything in my power not to. The nurse must have noticed, because she came over to tell me she was watching me and if I did throw up I would have to come back another day and re-take it. I was the drink and 2 blood draws in so I was not about to have that. Anyway- I got my results today and they came back negative!! YAY!!! 

I also got some administrative stuff out of the way- I ordered my breast pump through my insurance, we are touring the hospital at the end of the month, the maternity shoot is scheduled for Feb 9th,  baby shower plans are under way ( I am not throwing it but I am there to help with input when asked), and we have appointments to meet some pediatricians for baby. Sigh, I love being productive! My list is getting shorter!

We are making a lot of progress in the baby gear/roomdepartment as well- and I am SO happy about that. I am such a control freak and once I have something on my to do list I cannot be satisfied until I can scratch it of. LOL that is a secret joy of mine. Travel system- check, bassinet- check, changing table-check, crib ordered-check, room painted-check....making me a very happy mommy to be to have some of this stuff out of the way. We still need quite a few more things though.. 

This past weekend I got together with my mom and her bestie to get some of our DIY projects done. They all came out exactly how I pictured and I am more than pleased with them. Thank goodness my mom is frickin Marth Stewart and lives for this stuff because she's been a huge help.  I filmed and took pics so I will be posting those if you are interested in some How To's - they were pretty easy. I will give you guys a sneak peek at the projects down below. We worked on glitter vases using 2 methods (the silver ones are actually for my vanity room), frames for the frame wall (duh),glitter  letters for her name, and we assembled some of the tissue poms I ordered from Etsy.  Next on our list, Tutu crib skirt!!
Untitled

Speaking of Etsy, BOY have I been racking up on there! I have ordered headbands, a tutu, and some stuff to decorate in her room. It's very addicting..however after I receive things and give them a good look over I am sure I could have made them myself. LOL not that they are poor quality or anything but super challenging they are not!



Symptoms

I am truly starting to feel the discomforts of pregnancy- while they are bearable- I still have about 2 more months and I know they will get worse. I am finally starting to get hit with exhaustion, but I am not sure if it's from getting tired easier or the fact that I get NO sleep most nights! I will be so tired all day, then all of a sudden I cannot fall asleep at night. It's really annoying actually- not to mention once I finally get into a good sleep I just have to get up to pee. Overall, getting comfortable is task that has been affecting my sleep as well. I've been trying a lot of different pillow arrangements because my pregnancy pillow isn't getting it anymore. I still use it, but I have added 2 pillows to the mix...it's actually like a complicated science. 
Indigestion has been my biggest enemy this trimester. I can't dodge it- I just sleep with tums bedside. Which reminds me, I need to re-up.  At my last doctor's appointment they told me I was anemic and I will be adding iron pills to my regimen....not looking forward to the possibility of constipation. Hopefully, I can avoid that one!

Bump Watch

I've been getting a lot of mixed opinions on my bump- not to mention some unwelcome opinions lol. Everything from "You're about to pop" to "You're small for 30 weeks"...I am like so which is it?!? I always welcome the comments about me being small lol but I think it is a little rude to ask a pregnant woman how much weight she's gained or to make her feel like she is huge! We already feel that way ok, and even if that its your perception maybe you should keep it to yourself because it's not going to change anything. End Rant. 

I haven't been getting out much so I don't have any OOTD fun pics. I get dolled up for videos but that's it and I have pajama pants on during those lol.  But I included an ever so rare bare belly pic!
Untitled Untitled

0 comments:

Post a Comment