Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Beautynthebaby| Week 22 & 23- Are we there yet?!?

So close, yet so far. I really feel like I've come so far in my pregnancy- but why does it feel like I still have an eternity more to go? Oh right, because I do lol- I am just about a month beyond that half way point. Which brings me to the question of the hour- why is translating weeks to months during pregnancy so damn difficult?!? I just turned 24 weeks- logically I would say I'm 6 months and I am claiming that! But some people say 26 weeks marks 6 months or that it is a range between 23-28 weeks....what?!? I don't have time for that and math isn't my thing. BUT if pregnancy is 40 weeks- I am concluding that to be 10 months, therefore I am six months ...right?!?! Anyways this isn't about my 24th week but it's been on my mind.

Which leads me to the much more exciting news...my husband was finally able to feel her kick at the end of the 23rd week! And not only can he feel her but we can see those little kicks too. He's so happy about it and I am really happy that we can finally share that. I really can't help but giggle when I see it because it's very surreal but exciting. That's like her way of communicating lol even though we don't know what it means except maybe...HEY! I'm in here! I love it!!

In baby prep news....I am feeling a bit annoyed because I'm searching high and low for my color scheme. I want to do gray, cream, and peach. You would think that peach is the devil or something....like WHY can't I find anything?!? I guess I am pretty particular too because I want it to be soft and and I don't want any animals!! OK.... no characters and no florals... it's been a challenge- but I think I have stumbled upon a set that I like and that has my colors. My mom is on crib duty and my husband will be working on the baby room over Christmas-he's got time off and a lot of work to do lol....he doesn't know how much yet...


Symptoms & Cravings 




Cereal has finally taken a backseat on my list of cravings. This is probably for the better because my preference was for the sugary kid cereal. I still like pizza though...other than that- nothing crazy. I just lean towards unhealthier foods, not that I didn't like that before but my will power was much stronger!!
Symptoms...well let's see I feel like normal mostly. Except the gas and also not really tolerating lactose....yet I continue to eat it then feel like I'm going to vomit.... Swelling and gas....what's better than that? LOL honestly I can't complain and I can deal with it.
..right?!? 
Other thing that's been going on in this department is that I have been on stretch mark watch! I haven't gotten any pregnant related ones...yet...and I am hoping to keep it that way. I have noticed that the little ones that I had on my hips, prior to pregnancy are fading. They were never that noticeable- but I know they're there of course. Anways, the point is- they are faded and I am pretty excited about it because it gives me hope that A the products I have been using ( Burt's Bees Belly Oil) works and also if I do get any I can get rid of them....HAPPY!!!! I have been consitantly using the oil since I found out I was pregnant- which mean consistency is key. If I wasn't pregnant and trying these products I would have gave up long ago- so I feel like I am getting the ultimate review. I also just picked up some Bio-oil to try, even though I am a little nervous about switching since I feel like the Burt's Bees has been working.... we will see....


BumpWatch

Bumps getting bigger and wardrobe is taking a lot more creativity in order to avoid buying an arsenal of maternity clothes. We will see how much longer I can avoid that-I feel like this girl is going to be a big one!  She's got a mean kick!
LAWD, this belly is real...see for yourself...

Untitled Untitled Untitled

Top| Target (in Juniors section)
Maternity Treggings| H&M
Boots| Just Fab
Bag| Just Fab

0 comments:

Post a Comment