Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Smashbox Heat Wave Palette Review

IMG_0029



Let me just tell you guys, I have been eyeing the Heat Wave palette for sometime now. Was a little bit unsure because A. I currently have more than enough eyeshadow (so why can't I stop?!) and B. it's price tag! (Retails $48.00 at Ulta). Neither of those two problems got in the way though, because I got this baby as a birthday gift from my bestie!

The Heat Wave palette is limited edition. It has 10 colors< that can be worn wet or dry> and comes with a double ended eyeshadow brush.

The packaging is pretty sleek and simple. It's light and though it could be smaller, the size is pretty functional for travel. Plus it has a ridiculously huge mirror in the compact-- that makes up for it!

When I was looking at the palette, I was instantly drawn to the neutral tones in the palette, especially the peachy and metallic tones--very on trend. All of the shadows are very soft, perfect for summer makeup looks.

IMG_0018

The top 5 colors are warmer tones.
Color Descriptions L-R: soft matte peach, soft champagne beige, soft matte caramel, golden pink, gold

IMG_0019

The bottom 5 colors are cooler tones.
Color Descriptions L-R: pink beige with silver flecks, soft pewter grey, soft golden sea blue, shimmering purple taupe, deep golden brown


Swatches

Dry
L-R: soft matte peach, soft champagne beige, soft matte caramel, golden pink, gold
IMG_0021

Wet (Spritzed a tad bit of Fix + on my RT base shadow brush)

L-R: soft matte peach, soft champagne beige, soft matte caramel, golden pink, gold

IMG_0024

Dry
L-R: pink beige with silver flecks, soft pewter grey, soft golden sea blue, shimmering purple taupe,deep  golden brown
IMG_0026

Wet
L-R: pink beige with silver flecks, soft pewter grey, soft golden sea blue, shimmering purple taupe, deep golden brown
IMG_0027


Final thoughts on this palette. It's very pretty and has been welcomed into my collection. It is a summer palette so the colors are meant to be light, but there are a couple of colors in the top row-soft matte peach, soft champagne beige, soft matte caramel-that don't show up well on my skin tone wet or dry. That was a drawback for me, that's 3 out of 10 colors I can't really use. The other 7 colors are very gorgeous though, my favorites are soft golden sea blue, gold, and golden pink.  I would not rank this up there with my Naked palette, but this is a nice seasonal addition to a collection.


XoXo,
Amanda



*Color descriptions from Smashbox.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment