Monday, June 24, 2013

RiRi Hearts M•A•C Lipsticks + RiRi Woo Tutorial

riri-summer-beauty-300-94889_0x440
 Photo credit: maccosmetics.com


 A couple months ago Rihanna and MAC launched their first product of the 4 collections we can expect from them this year. RiRi Woo was the first to be released-- a gorgeous red similar to its mama Ruby Woo, but a little darker, a little less drying, and a retro matte finish. I don't have Ruby Woo and I don't believe I need it after getting RiRi Woo on my team! Love, love the color and it looks amazeballs on everyone!


IMG_0716 IMG_0717 IMG_0715
 RiRi Woo                                  RiRi Boy                                    Heaux


Just this past week MAC launched the second round which included 2 additional lipsticks RiRi Boy and Heaux (and the re-release of Riri Woo).  Both are also retro matte finishes and they are both just as stunning as RiRi Woo! MAC also released a blush/bronzer duo in Hibiscus Kiss ($26.00 SOLD OUT on MAC online) and Lustre Drops in Barbados Girl ($20.00 SOLD OUT on MAC online). Basically, the whole collection sold out within hours!

All I had a serious interest in was the lippies! Especially after having and loving RiRi Woo so much, I knew they were MUST haves!! Okayyyy... and of course I was right! Check them out for yourself!

    RiRi Woo, RiRi Boy, HeauxIMG_0702


All of the lipsticks were $15 and were only available online. If you missed out this time around, don't worry, you'll have another chance. Two in fact, because there are still 2 more collections that will be launched, and it's rumored that lipsticks are going to be featured in those too!!

My favorite overall, and maybe it's because it's summer, is RiRi Boy. I love purple on my skin tone and it wears the most comfortable of the three. They are a bit drying, but they are matte and that finish is known to be a bit drying. Keep a light balm on your lips and around when you re-apply and you will be fine! I didn't use liner for these swatches, but they are highly recommended for the darker colors. 
RiRi Woo                                        RiRi Boy                                         Heaux
IMG_0753 IMG_0750 IMG_0749
                                   


The only thing I didn't like about this collection was the ridiculously long processing time on the MAC website...um as if I didn't have anything better to do then clench my teeth at my desk for 3 hours waiting for my order to go through...not cool MAC...not cool! And on top of that, the RiRi Woo I ordered to include in my giveaway came UNATTACHED to the base..frickin unacceptable with such a limited collection!


Other than that, I'm beyond pleased with my purchases and highly recommend getting your hands on these if you can catch them! Good luck beauties!
IMG_0721

If you need an idea for how to wear RiRi Woo, here is a tutorial for how I like to wear it! A bold red lip calls for lashes and winged liner......nothing more classic ♡



XoXo,
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment