Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Beautynthebaby | Week 20 & 21 -The GLAMbaby....


Just an FYI- I am actually 22 weeks- I write this after the week closes...just in case that wasn't evident. I thought of it because I watch update videos and they are usually filmed on the actual week...random and no one cares but I thought I'd clarify. 



On week 19, we finally got to share the gender with our families and with all of you the following week! They all got their cards and loved them. Super excited that I am having a girl- my grandmother affectionately calls her her GLAMbaby.  So cute, I love it! 



I always knew that- one night I had a dream about my aunt that just passed and I had this feeling that I was having a girl! I woke up and told my husband-it's a girl, I feel it. But I didn't want to bank on that feeling and with everyone telling me it was a boy, so when I found out it took a while for it to sink in that it was actually a girl. I just cannot wait for her to get here!!


I definitely feel a greater connection with her, like I knew I would. Not only is it because we know a little more about the munchkin- but she's getting bigger and stronger and I can feel her so much! It is really the greatest feeling ever and it instantly puts a smile on my face.


Something else that has been putting a smile on my face- SHOPPING!! I can finally get stuff knowing that it's a girl! I am starting a little collection- in addition to the huge collection my mom has already accumulated (first grand baby = spoiled rotten). Every morning when I see her little onsies or shoes I just cannot help but touch them and imagine them filled with her little tiny body! Ok, I'll stop being so mushy! LOL I guess it's one of those hormonal days!




Anyways, I have still been keeping up with my workouts and I have noticed that my body starts getting a little more resistant after a while- like after I am on the elliptical for 30 minutes my sides cramp a bit. I just listen to my body and switch machines. 



In other news, I've been trying to get my head around birthing and have been really wanting to get more knowledge about labor, delivery, and breastfeeding. Not that I didn't want to know that before and I still do have like 4 1/2 months but before I definitely felt like it was too soon. Now I feel like I am ready to explore. In January my husband and I are planning on taking some classes and we will be going on our hospital tour late January. I am confident that I will carry full term, but you never know and I don't want to wait too last minute to prepare for things. 



 I recently watched the movie " The Business of Being Born" and "More of the Business of Being Born," this movie scared me but it was definitely food for thought and I am glad I watched it. They made a lot of valid points and it doesn't hurt to have as much knowledge and perspectives about all of your options.  I do recommend it for mom's, new definitely!



Symptoms & Cravings 



I have been having some serious gas, and I can't say that I am enjoying that. Sometimes it is so painful- like I haven't experienced. Also, burping mid sentence isn't exactly endearing... Blame the bump..I have also been retaining water a bit- I talked to my doctor about it and she did confirm that. I don't feel like I am super swollen, think Kim Kardashian, but I have noticed swelling in my feet, indention all over my body from clothing or anything touching it, and it's increased my weight a bit. I've got to take some responsibility for that though because my doctor was asking about my diet and and the foods that I crave are high in sodium! Soups, sandwiches (sandwich meat), Lean Cuisine pizzas... so I am going to make a bigger effort to watch that intake. I also am going to give up on my sugary cereals. I haven't been craving them as much so I think I am ok with that. My latest craving that I have yet to indulge is Oreo Cheesecake....OMG I am dying for some. I think I will let myself have a few oreos and milk instead and see if that kills it!



BumpWatch


I am still fascinated at how different my bump looks from week to week. It's not just a progression like you would think. Sometimes it looks smaller then the week before. It must be the water retention... who knows.... I am measuring a week behind- but my doctor said that's ok and we are on target!!


Untitled Untitled
and some OOTD pics...
. Untitled
What I wore to see Best Man Holiday last weekend
Sweater: Forever21
Jeggings: JCPenny juniors (old, non-maternity)
Boot: Just Fab
Untitled 
and a work outfit from this past week..
Sweater: Pink Blush Maternity
Tank: Express
Jeans: Target (old, non-maternity)
Shoes: Target

 This sweater was sent to me from Pink Blush Maternity- they've got some great and AFFORDABLE fashion finds!! LOVE their site!!

XoXo,
Amanda

0 comments:

Post a Comment