Thursday, August 15, 2013

RiRi Heaux Dupe Alert!!!

IMG_0930

Hey Beauties,

So one of my very awesome followers on Instagram [@prettylibra27- heyyy girl] asked me if I could look into a dupe for Heaux from the RiRi Hearts MAC collection! She even gave me a lead... Wet N' Wild's Cherry Picking! So, of course I took on the challenge because who doesn't love a dupe?!? Not to mention this is like a super duper come up because Cherry Picking is $1.99--- much cheaper than the $15 price tag on limited edition Heaux. Oh yeah, if you didn't know, Heaux is limited edition...meaning many of you haven't or won't be able to get it. See where I am going with this?!?

So the question of the hour.. is Wet N' Wild's Cherry Picking a dupe for MAC's Heaux?!

Untitled

They are pretty close! I wouldn't say a perfect match....but close enough!  I know the obvious is that the finishes are nothing alike, Heaux being a retro matte and Cherry Picking having more of a creme sheen type finish. That can be fixed though....

By blotting the lipstick with some translucent powder, you can take down that shine and get a matte finish. Now, I had some challenges getting the same light when I was taking these pics because of the rain (which has been an ongoing situation this summer...hard eye roll). It looked like a closer match to me in person.

Untitled


I think this is a close enough color to get the look of Heaux and it's sooo much cheaper! What do you guys think!?! Are my eyes deceiving me or did you just save yourself at least $13!?!

Hope this is helpful and if you'd like more dupe posts let me know!
XoXo,
Amanda

1 comment: